Grade Level & Classification:
Ministry of Finance
Revenue Collection Authority
Revenue Collection Authority Officer
- Purpose of the position
This position is an operational position within the Revenue Authority of the Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility for administering and maintaining the receipts of taxpayers, and accessing and managing data from third parties which support revenue collection.
Duties include entering date to the RMS, accessing and updating the RMS data base, issuing taxpayer receipts and make payments, preparing reports on payments transactions daily, weekly and biweekly, and providing data management services to support revenue reporting.
- Responsibilities & Duties
Cashier will work as part of the revenue collection authority
- Good conduct service to Taxpayers, answering their questions, helping them to pay Tax, and providing advice or recommendations.
- Operating scanners, scales, cash registers, and other Payments.
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports from RMS.
- Accepting payments, entering data to revenue system to ensure the requirements and book-summary are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Manage and maintain the database of the Bisan Revenue Management System
- Produce regular reports for distribution to senior management
- Produce reports in response to requests from the team,
- Access, store and manage data from third parties to support the revenue administration team.
- Ensure that the legislation, procedures and policies are in place and adhered to.
- Qualifications and Training
- Secondary Level/ Diploma in Business Administration/Accounting, Economics and/or Financial
- Basic sound public financial management skills. – essential
- Training and experience in taxation and tax collecting. essential
- Training and experience in the management of electronic databases. Essential
- Management- desirable, not essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with word processing, internet, and excel. – essential
- Learned Discipline
- Understandingof the taxation, revenue collecting procedures and practices
- Ability to present revenue data using visual and graphic means.
- Ability to plan and undertake surveys in the community.
- Basic knowledge of public service functions and practices.
- Basic knowledge of computerised accounting systems. (Bisan FMIS and RMS)
- Knowledge of the local community and able to communicate in local languages.
- Ability to collate and analyse often complex information.
- Ability to disseminate detailed information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Tactful and polite with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent listening and questioning skills
- Ability to present information in a clear and logical way
- Honest and fair in applying rules
- Excellent numeracy skills, with the ability to interpret accounts and make calculations.
- Ability to work accurately, pay close attention to detail and notice inconsistencies.
- Ability to be firm and assertive when required y circumstances.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to be proactive and work unsupervised
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Required Experience
The position requires at least 1 years’ experience obtained in a public or private finance context.
- Performance Criteria
The incumbent is deemed to be performing his duties effectively when:
- Targets regarding the registration of potential taxpayers are met.
- Taxpayer database is effectively managed and maintained.
- Taxable businesses are correctly classified.
- The revenue team is provided with information and reports which help them achieve their targets.
- Regular reports are disseminated to Ministries, Departments and senior managements and are accurate, timely.
- Requests for information from the revenue team are responded to effectively.
- Regular registration campaigns are conducted effectively.
- SWSS legislation, rules, policies and guidelines are adhered to in the performance of duties
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form: Application Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed toRecruitment@southwestcsc.sonot later than 5th
- and please attach only the form you filled.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.