Job Title: District Education Officer
Ministry: Ministry of Education, Culture & High Education
Grade Level & Classification: Grade 6
Reporting to: Regional Education Officer
Salary: US$502 per month
Location: Baraawe, Somalia
Purpose of the Position
The District Education Officer is responsible for organizing, Managing and supervision of all MoE activities related in the District, Organize and facilitate teacher training in the District and Affirmative Action.
The DEO makes arrangements for courses, programs and meetings to develop District educational objectives. The officer ensures educational programs meet with standards and quality of performance. Development plans for education services are made by the officer through talks, seminars, courses, meetings and demonstrations. Educational resources are developed, prepared and managed by educational officer.
Also the duties of DEOs include maintaining and securing educational equipments and material as well.
Working and Reporting Relationships
Reporting to the Regional Education Officer (REO). DEO will work with the departments of Formal and Non-Formal Education of the Ministry of Education.
- To prepare District Education Development/Strategy plans and budgets and ensure that all education activities in their respective districts are in line with identified priorities;
- To coordinate major education activities such as routine supervision of schools, textbook distribution, in-service training of teachers, data collection, school construction or rehabilitation and examinations in line with annual plans and budgets;
- Provide inputs for development, monitoring, evaluation and review of implementation of education programs in the district.
- Training and staff development also prepared by the education officer
- Educational equipments and materials are maintained and secured by education officer as well
- Helps schools in getting the required curricula, materials and various documents required
- Educational resources are developed, prepared and managed by educational officer
- Set standards and provide guidelines for delivery, performance and achievement in pre-primary and primary education and monitor and evaluate their implementation;
- Monitor and evaluate quality of teaching and learning processes and outputs in pre–primary and primary education and advice accordingly;
- Prepare and disseminate guidelines for identifying and nurturing gifted and talented pupils and monitor and evaluate their implementation;
- Monitor and evaluate quality of Secondary education, teaching and learning processes and outputs;
- Manage transfer of students and teachers from one school to another
- Collaborate with teachers, administrators, and parents to help students succeed
- Help students set realistic academic and career goals and develop a plan to achieve them
- Facilitate problem solving in schools
- Prepare and disseminate guidelines for ensuring increased access and equity of participation and monitor and evaluate their implementation.
- Managing regular district meetings
- Planning of district level school capacities.
- Work with students to develop skills
- Performs other duties as assigned by REO.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Degree in Education, Business Administration, Public administration, Measurement or Research, or related fields.
- At least and 2 years of experience in administration or Managing Education Project or educational planning, awareness, advocacy and evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of quality management.
- Knowledge of the Somalia education system and education policy.
- Knowledge of international trends in educational initiatives.
- Sound leadership and organizational development skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to provide mentoring and advice to senior management and staff on human resource matters
- Be able to easily identify, analyze and solve complex problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Arabic languages.
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form: Application Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed to Recruitment@southwestcsc.so not later than 5th Nov 2020.
- and please attach only the form you filled.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.