Grade Level & Classification:
Corporate Service and Human Resource
Director of Corporate Service and Human Resource
Baidoa, South West State, Somalia
The Ministry of Finance is required to effectively plan, generate, allocate and account for resources through the implementation of fiscal and economic policies in co-operation with other agencies to enable sustainable growth and development. To help achieve its vision the Ministry is currently seeking to employeeDriver to be based in Baidoa, Somalia, to provide to contribute to the budget preparation process. This is a great opportunity for the right person to progress their career with the Civil Service and make a positive contribution to Somalia.
Purpose of the Work:
· Ensures provision of reliable and safe driving services by driving office vehicles for the ministry of Finance.
· Ensures cost-savings through proper use of vehicle through accurate maintenance of daily vehicle logs, provision of inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports.
· Ensures proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
· Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies.
· Ensures that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in accidents.
· Perform all other functions as may be assigned by supervisors;
· Demonstrates commitment to Ministry of Finance mission, vision and values;
Knowledge Management and Learning:
· Shares knowledge and experience;
· Provides helpful feedback and advice to others in the office.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
· Demonstrates excellent knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair;
· Demonstrates excellent knowledge of protocol;
· Demonstrates excellent knowledge of security issues.
Leadership and Self-Management:
· Focuses on result for the client;
· Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
· Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure;
· Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of views.
Required Skills and Experience
· Completion of Secondary Education;
· Valid Driver’s license and a certificate of good conduct.
· 5 years’ work experience as a driver and safe driving record;
· Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
· English and Somali is required.
· Candidates considered for the post will be required to sit a driving test as part of the selection procedure;
· Experience in driving armored is an advantage.
How to Apply