Job Title: Examination & Certifications Director
Ministry:Ministry of Education, Culture & High Education
Grade Level & Classification:Grade 7
Reporting to:MOE Director General
Salary:USD 803 per month
Normal workingHours: 36hrs/Week
Location: Southwest State of Somalia, Baidoa, Somalia.
Purpose of the Work
The Examination & Certifications Directoris expected to organize all examination processes, in liaison with staff, students, parents and examination boards, to ensure that all students are entered and scheduled appropriately for examinations. To administer all internal and public examinations according to the published guidelines and procedures, ensuring all regulations are followed by the examinations staff and all students are provided with the necessary materials and arrangements to optimize their exam success.
Also the duties of the Director includeto manage the capture, storage and processing of data and the production of associated reports, Certificates and analyses relating to student performance in support of the college’s aim to raise academic results.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Give out and revoke licenses for private schools, certification of teachers, textbook licensingother teaching material for use in schools, printing and framework regulations for state exams / examination;
- Supervise and control annual state exams together with the SWS Examination Board.
- Provide academic and professional development and management support services to school inspectors;
- Prepare strategies for improving the quality of basic and teachers’ education;
- Coordinate &superviseschool inspection services for basic education institutions; andInspect and recommend for registration of schools
- Develop Policies and Procedures for schools/Colleges and teachers
- Distribute examination results, dealing with queries arising from results and administering re-mark requests.
- Follow all deadlines, guidelines and procedures as laid down by examination boards and with the ministry of MOE.
- Scrutinize applications for ownership and establishment of schools and teachers’ colleges and recommend accordingly;
- Maintain and up-date a register of schools, teachers and teachers’ colleges
- Giving guidelines for textbook preparation
- Procuring / assigning textbook preparation (textbook contents, drafting)
- Analysis of State Examinations;
- Any other tasks that may be assigned as appropriate
Required Qualification &Experience
- Bachelor degree in education Management or other related fields.
- At least 3years experienceof working education system or education management and competencies leadership management coordination and collaboration with ability to work as team leader.
Skills and abilities
- Most show evidence of working knowledge of principles quality education system
- Knowledge of the Somali education system and education policy
- Sound leadership and organization development skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and most be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyse and solve complex problem
- IT competencies in word, excel, power point,
- Please click this link and download the form: Application Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed to Recruitment@southwestcsc.so not later than 5th Nov 2020.
- and please attach only the form you filled.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.