Job Title: Formal Education Director
Ministry: Ministry of Education, Culture & High Education
Grade Level & Classification: Grade 7
Reporting to: MOE Director General
Salary: USD 803 per month
Normal working Hours: 36hrs/Week
Location: Southwest State of Somalia, Baidoa, Somalia.
Purpose of the Work
The Formal Education Director is expected to Plan, Develop and improve quality of education in SWSS, also is responsible of working formal education schools; public and private s and organize, coordinatewith south west regional education officers and district educations officers .
Duties & Responsibility
- Developing and updating education programs in primary and secondary school education;
- Ensure regional coordination and outreach to partners;
- Oversee regional and district offices and establish a regulatory framework for public schools;
- Collaborate with local government on local service delivery on district councils
- Promote girls’ school enrolment in both primary and secondary education;
- Ensure the recruitment of more female teachers and head teachers for the schools and for the other departments in the ministry in conjunction with the Gender Section;
- Provide inputs for development, monitoring, and review of implementation of education policies, legislations and guidelines;
- Initiate the development and review of pre-primary and primary education curriculum, instructional materials and teaching and learning methods including physical education and ICT;
- Set standards for learning, development and care for children in pre-primary and primary education and monitor and evaluate adherence;
- Monitor students transfers
- Set standards and provide guidelines for delivery, performance and achievement in pre-primary and primary education and monitor and evaluate their implementation;
- Monitor and evaluate quality of teaching and learning processes and outputs in pre–primary and primary education and advice accordingly;
- Oversee the execution of free primary education
- Oversee and ensure the alignment of plans to national goals for primary education
- Coordinate and support the mobilization of resources for quality free primary education
- Prepare and disseminate guidelines for identifying and nurturing gifted and talented pupils and monitor and evaluate their implementation;
- Conduct research on issues pertaining to pre-primary and primary education and advise accordingly;
- Collect, analyze, store and disseminate data on pre-primary and primaryeducation.
- Prepare and disseminate guidelines for ensuring increased access and equity of participation and monitor and evaluate their implementation.
- Nominate school head teachers in consultation with regional education officers
- Facilitate problem solving in schools.
Required Qualification &Experience
- Bachelor degree in education Management field or other related fields
- At least 3years experience of working education system or education management and competencies leadership management coordination and collaboration with ability to work as team leader
Skills and abilities
- Most show evidence of working knowledge of principles quality education system
- Knowledge of the Somali education system and education policy
- Sound leadership and organization development skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and most be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyse and solve complex problem
- IT competencies in word, excel, power point,
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form: Application Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed toRecruitment@southwestcsc.so not later than 5th Nov 2020.
- and please attach only the form you filled.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.