||Admin and HR Director
|Grade level :
Purpose of the Position
The HROfficer is responsible for managing the human resource and administrative functions of the state house, and in consultation with the Civil Service Commission coordinate the implementation of human resource, regulations and instructions, for the State house, and providing advice in relation to Human Resources issues.
Working and Reporting Relationships
Reporting to the Admin & Finance Director of the State house and assist state house managers with administration and human resource issues to ensure they are dealt with in accordance with the CSC legislation. The HR Officer will also liaise with the CSC to ensure HR activities comply with CSC regulations and instructions and international standards of Practice.
- Maintain and enhance the State house’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practicesto ensure compliance with CSC Regulations and Instructions.
- Prepare and review HR strategic and work plans as necessary.
- Liaise with the CSCto ensure recruitment of State house staff completed in a timely manner including preparation of recruitment plans, getting approval to recruit andrepresenting the State house on selection panels as necessary.
- Maintain the State house organizational chart,develop and update job descriptions for all positions and submit to the CSC.
- Develop training, development and career plans for all employees and submit to the CSC in accordance with CSC regulations.
- Ensure annual performance reviews are completed by managers and relevant documentations filed in accordance with CSC regulations and provide advice and support to managers as necessary.
- Provide to managers with advice and support on managing staff performance and on implementation of discipline and dealing with misconduct as necessary, to ensure compliance with CSC regulations.
- Keep records of employee leave entitlements and check against leave applications and attendance records each month.
- Sign employee attendance record sheets in preparation of the payroll each month.
- Provide advice and support to senior management in the development and management of the State house’s administration budget and preparation of the payroll budget.
- Preparation of the monthly/fortnightly payroll and maintenance of payroll records.
- Ensure proper management of the payroll system for the state to ensure staff receive their pay and entitlements in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with SWS laws, regulations and policies.
- Maintain historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records in accordance with CSC regulations.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times in relation to Human Resource Management information in accordance with Human Resource Management policies and procedures.
- Perform any other related duties as may be required
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in human resource, Business Administration, Public administration or other related field.
- At least and 2 years of experience in administration and Human Resource Management in a public and Private sector.
- Experience in recruitment, induction, training and development, performance management, HR planning and career planning and payroll.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Sound knowledge of contemporary human resource management procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of current public sector reforms and best practice in countries similar to Somalia.
- Sound leadership and organizationaldevelopment skills.
- Computer literacy and familiarity with accounting software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ableto provide mentoring and advice to senior management and staff on human resource matters
- Must be assertive and be able to easily identify, analyse and solve complex problems.
- Able to efficiently utilise human resources and management information systems to ensure maximum productivity.
- Able to assist with the development of strategic and corporate plans for the State house of Finance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Arabic language.
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form: Application Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed to Recruitment@southwestcsc.sonot later than 5th Nov 2020.
- and please attach only the form you filled.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.