Grade Level & Classification:
|Internal Auditor Officer
Ministry of Finance
Internal Audit Director
- Purpose of the position
The Internal Auditor Officerwill work within the Ministry of Finance to monitor and evaluate how well risks are being managed, and consider the effectiveness of internal processes and the application of controls the scope and nature of audits can vary significantly but the main priority of the work of an internal auditor is to contribute to providing an independent and objective assurance to the Permanent Secretary on the risk and control environment across the organisation.
The work will help senior management to provide evidence to stakeholders that the Ministry is being managed and controlled effectively.
- Responsibilities & Duties
The work of theInternal Auditor Officeris varied and the range of tasks can include:
PREPARATION & PLANNING
Research and prepare for internal audit assignments in accordance with the standards in The Internal Audit Manual
In advance of audit start up
- Establish a Working Papers file in accordance with the guidance in the Internal Audit Manual
- Draft an Audit Terms of Reference for the audit,
- Consult and advise the auditee on the audit, including a request for comments on the draft terms of reference.
(d) Arrange an introductory / start up meeting with the auditee
- Meet with auditees to discuss and gain an understanding of internal processes and controls
- Document and evaluate controls to determine their adequacy and effectiveness to ensure
- compliance with policies and procedures,
- accomplishment of the Ministry’s objectives,
- reliability and integrity of information within the Ministry,
- Economical use of resources, and (v) safeguarding of assets.
Test how well the identified controls are working in practice
- Prepare working papers in accordance with the Internal Audit manual for review by the senior auditor
- Review working papers prepared by assistant auditors
- Develop and discuss findings; where possible come to agreement on recommendations and timeliness for corrective actions with responsible officers of operations audited
- Draft audit reports for entire assignment or portion of assignment. Reports to include executive summary, findings and recommendations arising from the review.
- Before being issued to auditee the draft audit report to be quality assured by Head Internal audit/Senior Auditor
- Issue draft audit report to auditee with a request for comments within 15 working days
- On receipt of comments, review and update the report as appropriate.
- Issue Final Audit Report to Permanent Secretary
- After a period of 3 months follow up the audit to ensure that agreed recommendations have been implemented
- Results of follow up reported to Permanent Secretary
- The responsibilities also require a commitment to internal audit – learning, development and continuous improvement
- It will be a requirement to undertake internal audit training
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Auditing, or a related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE • 2 years of experience specifically in Auditing and Internal Controls
- Planning and managing budgets
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using Ministry’s planning &skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Managing and implementing annual audit plans and processes.
- Designing internal audit master plan initiatives.
- Providing management with a comprehensive enterprise risk management process. • Managing internal audit processes in accordance with applicable laws, auditing, and accounting standards.
- Coordinating work with external auditors and consultants.
- Effectively supervising, leading, and delegating tasks and authority.
- Maintaining confidentiality of information and materials.
- Expertise in internal audit, risk and control functions
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form: Application Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed toRecruitment@southwestcsc.sonot later than 5th Nov 2020.
- and please attach only the form you filled.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.