Grade Level & Classification:
Ministry of Finance
Revenue Collection Authority
Revenue Collection Authority Officer
Southwest state of Somalia
- Purpose of the position
This position is an operational position within the Revenue Authorityof the Ministry of Finance. It has the responsibility for serve as a conduit between the agencies and RCA office, by facilitating liaison on Taxpayers and Revenue collection matters, and accessing and managing data from third parties which support revenue collection.
Duties include provides an opportunity to form new influential working relationships with ministerial and department of Revenue Collection Authority and develop a better understanding of how the Department of RCA work with generating ministries, and accessing and updating the RMS database, issuing taxpayer Receipts, well understand businesses for purposes of taxation, preparing reports on Agencies and Stakeholders,and providing data management services to support revenue reporting.
- Responsibilities & Duties
Taxation liaison willwork as part of the revenue administration team to
- Facilitate agencies between the revenue collection authority and the ministerial offices by: managing allocation of tasks between the office and the agencies
- Enter payment, receipts, Manage and maintain the database of the Bisan Revenue Management System
- creating, and following up on, ministerial briefing and correspondence requirements and guidance
- Providing high-level quality Service of all ministerial level and agencies, Questions on Notice, legislation and ministerial appointments processes.
- Provide advice to the agencies regarding ministerial requirements and responsibilities.
- Ensure the legislation and tax act are aware of, and responsive to, the operational requirements of the office.
- Coordinate Question Time Briefs during sitting weeks and Assist in the preparation documents for meetings.
- Produce regular reports for distribution to senior management
- Ensure that the legislation, procedures and policies are in place and adhered to.
- Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Secondary level/Diploma in Business Administration/Accounting, Public relation
- 2 years’ experience of taxation/accounting/financial or related fields
- Basic sound public financial management skills.- essential
- Training and experience in taxation and tax collecting. essential
- Training and experience in the management of electronic databases. Essential
- Public admiration and/or Financial Management- desirable , not essential
- Computer literacy and familiarity with word processing, internet, and excel.- essential
- Learned Discipline
- Understandingof the taxation, revenue collecting procedures and practices
- Ability to present revenue data using visual and graphic means.
- Ability to plan and undertake surveys in the community.
- Basic knowledge of public service functions and practices.
- Basic knowledge of computerised accounting systems. (Bisan FMIS and RMS)
- Knowledge of the local community and able to communicate in local languages.
- Be an effective communicator with the ability to negotiate agencies.
- Be highly motivated, organised, have excellent time management and problem solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Be professional, reliable, and have the ability to work independently and manage competing priorities to deliver quality outcomes, in line with agency goals and objectives.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and effectively engage with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Sound knowledge of (or the ability to quickly acquire) ministerial, government and agencies and proficient in the use of RMS
- Ability to present information in a clear and logical way
- Honest and fair in applying rules
- Excellent numeracy skills, with the ability to interpret accounts and make calculations.
- Ability to work accurately, pay close attention to detail and notice inconsistencies.
- Ability to be firm and assertive when required y circumstances.
- Ability to communicate well both orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan and organize work, including special assignments in order to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to be proactive and work unsupervised
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Performance Criteria
The incumbent is deemed to be performing his duties effectively when:
- Targets regarding the registration of potential taxpayers are met.
- Taxpayer database is effectively managed and maintained.
- Taxable businesses are correctly classified.
- The revenue team is provided with information and reports which helps them achieve their targets.
- Regular reports are disseminated to Ministries, Departments and senior managements and are accurate, timely.
- Requests for information from the revenue team are responded to effectively.
- Regular registration campaigns are conducted effectively.
- SWSS legislation, rules, policies and guidelines are adhered to in the performance of duties
How to Apply
- Please click this link and download the form: Application Form after filling this form, confidential application can be addressed toRecruitment@southwestcsc.sonot later than 5th
- and please attach only the form you filled.
- Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted for interview.
- Note: Write the title of the position on the subject of your Email.